Serta introduced the iComfort line of mattresses in the year 2011. Designed exclusively by the experts at Serta, and based on a copyrighted technology called the iComfort Sleep System, the collection is primarily focused on increasing the comfort factor, while simultaneously eliminating the disadvantages associated with their trademark memory foam mattresses.
This is achieved by combining the traditional memory foam material with a cooling gel. The result is a mattress that scores unusually high on the support quotient as well as on the cooling quotient.
What is the iComfort Savant Mattress?
This mattress is the most popular product in the iComfort collection. It has been designed by blending together a number of interesting technologies that work in perfect harmony to ultimately make the mattress the right place to fall asleep peacefully.
The typical iComfort Savant mattress has the following five defining features –
- The cooling factor – Serta has developed these mattresses by making use of their exclusive EverCool technology. The EverCool memory foam used in the iComfort Savant mattress is infused with heat-conducting graphene, which makes the mattress breathable and airy. It also allows the surface of the mattress to adjust to the natural curves and contours of the body, thus making it supple and responsive. The cooling technology comes into play here and dissipates heat away from the body instead of trapping it between the surfaces. In fact, according to the study conducted on the product, it was found that the iComfort Savant is twenty five percent more effective at dissipating heat away from the body when compared with Serta’s original KoolComfort memory foam.
- The softness factor – The trademark foam used by Serta in the making of this product is the PillowSoft foam, which is naturally much softer than ordinary foam fillings. It increases the cushioning effect of the mattress and allows the surface to bend around the curves of the body instead of resisting them. This in turn guarantees a much more relaxed sleeping experience.
- The timing factor – Most mattresses that claim to be perfect have one major drawback. They take time to allow the body to adjust to their surfaces. With the use of their EverFeel technology, Serta has eliminated this constraint in the iComfort Savant. This feature allows the mattress to instantly offer all that it promises to, instead of taking time to regulate the temperature of the surface or to adjust to the body of the user. Consequently, the difference is felt as soon as a person lies down on the mattress.
- The dual-effect factor – The use of gel memory foam in the iComfort Savant mattress has two beneficial effects. Firstly, the MicroCool technology that has been incorporated into the gel memory foam helps not only to dissipate the heat from the body, but also to maintain the temperature on and around the sleeping surface at a comfortable level constantly. Secondly, the MicroSupport technology allows the mattress to relax and soothe the pressure points on the body. This in turn has the effect of reducing the amount of tossing and turning that goes on when a person sleeps, and ultimately results in a sleeping experience that is not in the least disturbed.
- The ‘edge’ factor – One of the most dangerous that beds with no walls to support them on the sides pose is the possibility of rolling off over the edge. This anxiety can result in a disturbed sleep. In order to address this issue, Serta has incorporated the Comfort Last foam core used in the iComfort Savant with the Ultimate Edge technology. This has the effect of increasing the core support for the body all night long and eliminating the possibility of rolling off over the edge of the bed. The interesting thing is that this feature is designed to last for several years without e\wearing off over time. In other words, it provides long-lasting support.
The Pros of an iComfort Savant Mattress –
When a leading mattress manufacturer combines the best of their exclusive and innovative technological solutions in an endeavor to create a mattress that will offer the best sleeping experience possible, the resultant product is sure to have innumerable advantages. The iComfort Savant by Serta does indeed have several feathers in its cap. Some of the most obvious advantages include –
- Incredible pressure relief – Lying down on the back, side, or stomach, no matter which way, causes the body to undergo a lot of pressure in those parts that end up supporting the rest of the body as a person sleeps. This in turn causes the body to reach a point where the buildup of pressure gets too high. In order to relieve this pressure, the person tosses or turns to another position. Thus, the troublesome activity of tossing and turning occurs. The iComfort Savant puts an end to this discomfort by reducing the average body pressure.
- Smart support systems – Most mattresses offer the same level of support all through their surfaces. This is a disadvantage because there are some parts of the body that require greater support than others. Serta’s iComfort Savant comes with gel beads that rearrange and gather up in those areas that require additional pressure, thus giving the user a balanced surface to rest upon. Consequently, instead of working overtime to provide support to the parts of the body that require it; the muscles of the body can finally relax overnight.
- Temperature regulation – The usage of MicroCool technological solutions that allow the mattress to dissipate heat away from the body instead of trapping it between the layers makes the iComfort Savant an ideal mattress for all kinds of climatic conditions. This technology also allows for freer air flows on and around the surface of the mattress, and makes the product ideal for humid nights. The key to this behavior is that the material used in the making of the mattress has an open cell structure. This makes it a more breathable solution.
- Reasonable trial period – Serta has come up with a unique and considerate option for its customers. It is a common fact that the body needs time to get used to any change. Owing to this, it naturally follows that only when a considerable amount of time has passed by can one determine if a newly purchased mattress does indeed suit their needs. Therefore, Serta offers a trial period of a hundred and twenty days, during or at the end of which, if the customer finds that they require a different level of comfort, they can exchange it for a more suitable sleep solution.
- Extended warranty period – Serta also offers an unnaturally huge warranty period. The limit on their warranty is ten years! This is certainly one of the major advantages involved in the purchase of an iComfort mattress.
The Cons of an iComfort Savant Mattress –
We know you are wondering how a seemingly perfect mattress like the iComfort Savant could have a downside if any at all. The truth is, there are always some features of a product that do not agree with a certain condition. Take a mattress, for instance. While most people would love their beds soft and squishy, some people prefer a firm, hard surface.
This way, while a soft mattress would ideally be seen as a good product by most people, it would nevertheless be a disadvantage for a small slice of the population – the one that prefers a harder sleeping surface.
Going along similar lines, the iComfort Savant has been found to have the following downsides in some cases.
- Shorter life spans (although this can be blanketed by the unusually long warranty period)
- Declining support over time
- Smaller dimensions that advertised
- Specifications not adequately disclosed, thus preventing the customers from making informed decisions
So what is the last word on it?
There are people on both teams, some supporting and vouching for the wonderful features of the iComfort Savant, and others saying that it isn’t as good as it says it is. However, the general consensus is that the iComfort Savant delivers most of what it promises.
Even with its minor disadvantages, it is still certain to offer one of the best sleeping experiences ever. That said, it is always advisable to look into the product’s features for yourself, and perhaps to try it out for a while.